Parish Activities – Knights of Columbus
Foxboro-Sharon Council 6063
The goal of the Knights of Columbus is to offer help to the local community, support St. Mary’s in Foxboro and Our Lady of Sorrows in Sharon, and improve the well-being of families around the world.
We bring food to the hungry, warm clothing to the cold, wheelchairs to those who can’t walk and conduct many other programs help those in need.
As an organization we:
- Support Religious Vocations and Community Activities throughout the state
- Support Youth Programs
- Support the Bishops Diocesan Programs
- Provide financial assistance to combat indecent and immoral use of the media
- Support Catholic Advocacy Programs
- Participate in other Charitable works including the Special Olympics, the Global Wheel Chair Mission, Serving Those Who Served, Habitat for Humanity, Food for Families, World Day of Prayer for Peace, Get out the Vote, the annual Tootsie Roll Drive to support mentally disabled individuals, Coats for Kids, Red Cross Blood Drives and family events such as our Free-throw contest and Soccer challenge.
We also offer insurance and financial programs to protect your family. Since our founding in 1882, the primary mission of the Knights of Columbus has been to protect families from the financial ruin caused by the death of the breadwinner.
In the beginning, Venerable Father Michael J. McGivney and his fellow Knights “passed the hat” to benefit widows and orphans. From that humble start, the Order has grown to include top-rated life insurance, long-term care insurance and retirement products. With more than $92 billion of insurance in force and a full-time field force of more than 1,400 serving our members and their families, we are proudly fulfilling Fr. McGivney’s vision.
If you are an 18 year old Catholic male and interested in becoming a Knight, join us on the first Friday of every month in the Murphy Room at St. Mary’s Church in Foxboro to learn more. Rosary begins at 7:30 pm followed by the General Meeting at 8:00 pm. Or you contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email Council Membership Director John DiPietro at Johnrd25@yahoo.com